Chi 50 PIN Muli Iwe
Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter and information on prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid and will be rejected.
The promoter is AB Bank Zambia Ltd, Registered in Zambia, and registration number 87654, registered office Chainda Place, Plot No 7393, off Cairo Road and P.O. Box 38173, Lusaka, Zambia.
- The promotion shall run from the 1st September to 31st December 2021. The promotion can be withdrawn by the promoter at any time during the campaign, after which no further entries will be accepted.
- Draws will be conducted monthly to determine participants who will win. A total of 10 participants will win shopping vouchers valued at ZMW 1,000 monthly for 3 months.
- A grand draw will be conducted to determine participants who will win. A total 5 participants will win a cash prize of ZMW 50,000.
- Dates when draws will be conducted will be determined and announced by the promoter.
The promoter reserves the right to change the date of conducting the draw for the winners of prizes.
- To be eligible a customer must:
- Have a Savings Account with AB Bank.
- Deposit a minimum of ZMW 1,000 to register into the competition.
- Maintain a minimum balance of ZMW 1,000 by the draw date. Every ZMW 1,000 maintained gains the customer an entry. If a customer has ZMW 3,000 balance they will gain 3 entries.
- To qualify for the grand draw, deposit a minimum of ZMW 1,000 and maintain a minimum for ZMW 1,000 for the duration of the campaign
- Every deposit of ZMW 1,000 minimum maintained for the duration of the campaign will give a customer an entry into the draw and stand a chance to win a cash prize of ZMW 50,000.
- All qualifying entries will be entered into the monthly and grand draws to be conducted between 1st September 2021 and 31st January 2022.
- Any account owner who is subject to a court process or restriction of any sort or is under any other restriction by any other authority in Zambia or else will not be eligible to participate in the promotion.
- Any account held in the name of any individual (jointly or otherwise) that is in breach of any obligation to the promoter, as may be determined by the promoter at its sole discretion, shall not be eligible to participate in the promotion.
- Staff are not eligible. Close family members are equally not eligible (parents, spouse, children and siblings).
- All participants agree to be bound by the competition rules.
- Clients do not need to sign up to take part in the competition. All clients who deposit in their Savings, Kids and Saving Plan accounts will automatically qualify for the draws.
- A client can only win one of EACH prize. If a client wins a ZMW 1,000 shopping voucher, they still stand a chance to win the cash prize of ZMW 50,000. They, however, cannot win another shopping voucher.
- There shall be monthly and grand draw prizes for customers which will be awarded during the promotion from 1st September 2021 to 31st January 2022.
- Monthly prizes: 10 Shopping Vouchers to the value of ZMW 1,000.
- Grand prize: 5 Cash Prizes to the value of ZMW 50,000. Any tax payments owed to the Zambian authorities in regards to the cash prize will be borne by the Promoter.
Claiming of Prize(s)
Only the winners will be notified or contacted by AB Bank Zambia on their mobile phone.
- All prizes should be collected within one month of the draw failure to which they will be forfeited to the Bank.
- All transport costs to and from AB Bank for prize collection will be covered by the client.
- Prizes of the shopping vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
- All prizes will be collected from AB Bank Zambia’s Head Office, AB Bank Kitwe or Ndola branches.
- The prizes are not transferrable.
- Failure to accept the prize or the associated terms and conditions will result in the prize being withdrawn and or possibly allocated to an alternative prize winner at the discretion of the promoter, AB Bank Zambia LTD.
The draws will be conducted at the promoter’s sole and absolute discretion in the presence of auditors of the promoter’s choice.
- The draws will be conducted at the promoter’s premises AB Bank Zambia, Chainda Place, off Cairo road, Lusaka.
- By participating in the promotion, all participants hereby grant the Promoter the absolute and unfettered right to;
- Disclose or publish the participants’ information and any other information to any party in any medium as the Bank may deem fit for any reasons whatsoever.
- Use, amend modify, adapt, reproduce, publish any still or moving images of the participants that are taken during the promotion or the redemption of the gifts for any promotional or marketing or commercial or any other purposes as we may in its absolute discretion deem fit without any payment or compensation.
- The Bank reserves the right to terminate or amend the terms of this promotion at any point during the promotion period by giving (7) days’ notice of this intention.
- The Bank’s decision as to the winners of the draws shall be final and conclusive, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Accounts that are closed prior to the end of the qualifying period each month will not be eligible for prizes.
- Only one of the joint account holders or signatory will be eligible for the prize. AB Bank reserves the right to contact any one of the joint holders or signatories of an account.
- During each draw, participants shall be eligible to win one of each prize.
- Winners shall be randomly selected during each Electronic Draw.
- In case of a dispute, the bank’s decision will be final. No appeal on any grounds whatsoever will be entertained.
- If the Bank is required by the Minister of Finance and National Planning Trade or the Lotteries Control Board or such other regulatory authority to alter any aspect of this competition or terminate the same as a result of changes in Legislation or such other changes, the Bank shall have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all participants hereby waive rights which they may have against the Bank and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Bank, it’s agents or contractors.
*Kindly note that all accounts shall continue to earn interest at the rates set out in the Bank’s tariff guide or as agreed with the Bank separate written memorandum. All conditions on the accounts remain the same throughout the campaign i.e. minimum balance, initial deposits and account charges.
2. Use of eTumba
- The Customer acknowledges that information transmitted through eTumba or any other communication system, including wireless communication system, is susceptible to unlawful access, distortion and monitoring and that the Customer uses eTumba at his/her own risk.
- The provision of eTumba will not entitle the Customer to overdraw the account, except if the Customer applied and has been granted an overdraft Bank product. As such all operations shall be conducted within the limits of the available balance on the account.
- The Bank deals with the Customer remotely when he/she is using eTumba. As such, the Customer authorizes the Bank to act on and to accept all instructions and transactions that occur after the Customer provides authentication by the use of:
- Or any other procedures which may be defined by the Bank and communicated to the Customer via contracts, SMS, e-mails or any new updated disclosures of the Bank products and security features on the Bank website.
3. Un-authorized uses
- The Customer must inform the Bank immediately by going physically to our branches or calling our Customer Support Center at 888, 260 211 399900, 0965057550, or email; email@example.com if he/she knows or suspects that his/her PIN code(s) have been subjected to unauthorized use.
- If any unauthorized person obtains the PIN code(s) in any manner whatsoever, such a person will be regarded as the Customer’s duly authorized agent with full authority to use eTumba on the Customer’s behalf, until the Bank is duly informed of a contrary position.
4. Rights and Liabilities of the bank
- The Bank bears responsibility for conducting operations through the accounts in accordance with the regulations and legislation in force in Zambia and the generally accepted banking practices.
- The Bank shall accept both cash and non-cash deposits and withdrawals from the Account Holder and money transfer transactions on the account subject to the terms and conditions applied by the bank.
- The Bank has the right to use-of-funds over balances held on Account Holder’s accounts as long as this does not limit/prevent the execution of Account Holder’s instructions for account transactions.
- The Bank guarantees that information regarding the Account Holder, and any account operations will remain confidential to the extent permitted by the law.
- The Bank reserves the right to deduct applicable account fees from the balance on the Account Holder’s account without any restrictions.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend the tariffs without prior notification to the Account Holder
- The Bank reserves the right to deduct amounts owed on a loan installment from eTumba to any other AB Bank Account with an overdue status.
5. Duties of the Customer
- The Account Holder shall immediately inform the Bank of any changes in the information previously provided to the Bank.
- The Customer must ensure secure retention of his/her PIN or other security features. The Customer is prohibited from disclosing the PIN or other security features to any third parties to prevent access by unauthorized person.
- If the Customer suspects that the PIN or other security features have become compromised, the Customer must immediately notify the Bank and arrange to immediately change his/her security features.
- The Customer indemnifies the Bank against any damages, losses and/or consequential damages that the Bank may suffer as a result of incorrect, wrong, unauthorized and/or wrongful instructions or information given by the Customer or any other person authorized or deemed to be authorized to act on behalf of the Customer.
6. Availability of eTumba
- eTumba will be available on a 24/7 basis, subject to the availability of the Internet and mobile networks connections and to any periods required for necessary maintenance of the internet and mobile Networks connections.
- Should eTumba be unavailable for whatever reason, the Customer must use the Bank’s other available service channels and take reasonable steps to minimize and/or prevent loss or risk.
- The Bank also reserves the right to make any additions or deletions in the services offered through eTumba services at any time.
- Should the Customer desire to obtain access to eTumba, the Customer must register with a Mobile Network Operator before the commencement date, have a working cell phone and will be solely responsible for all related costs.
- Should the cell phone requirements be modified with a view to improving or upgrading eTumba, the resultant costs of any new cell phone or service provider connection required so as to use eTumba will be borne by the Customer.
- In the event that the Customer experiences connectivity or other access related difficulties on the mobile phone and/or Mobile Network Operator, it is the Customer’s responsibility to liaise with the Mobile Network Operator prior to contacting the Bank.
8. Liability for losses or damages
- The Customer acknowledges that the use of eTumba is at the Customer’s own risks.
- The Bank will not be responsible for any damages, losses or consequential damages which the Customer may suffer as a result of:
- Any malfunction or defect in the hardware used by the Customer (which includes the mobile device);
- Any defect in the software used by the Customer to gain access to eTumba;
- Any act or omission by the Mobile Network Operator or any defect in eTumba or any other medium by which access is gained to the system;
- eTumba being off-line or unavailable;
- Any industrial action;
- Any other circumstances not reasonably within the Bank’s control;
- Erroneous, unauthorized, incomplete or unlawful instruction from the Customer;
- Unlawful or unauthorized access by any another person(s);
- Incorrect or late execution on non-payment of any instruction given by the Customer.
9. Termination, suspension or withdrawal of eTumba services
- In order to protect the Customer, the Bank and the banking systems, the Bank is entitled to immediately suspend or withdraw all or part of the eTumba services if:
- the Channel is being used contrary to the present Terms and Conditions;
- the Bank believes that the security of the system used to provide eTumba services may be compromised.
- The Bank has the right to terminate this agreement if the account is considered dormant or for any other reason that the bank deems necessary in accordance with the rules set by the Bank of Zambia. The Customer may reapply at the Bank’s branches for eTumba at any time.
- The Account Holder can terminate the Agreement at any time on the basis of a written application to close the Account, resulting in account closure.
- In the event of a dispute, which cannot be resolved by mutual discussion between the Bank and Customer, such dispute shall be subject to the exclusive Jurisdiction of Zambian Courts.
- If the Agreement is terminated, credit funds on the account shall be returned to the Account Holder or, upon the Account Holder’s instructions shall be transferred to another account within reasonable time.
10. Handling of compalints
- Should Customers be dissatisfied with the eTumba offered by AB Bank Zambia Ltd., they have the right to raise a complaint through:
- any of the Bank’s branches in person; or
- by telephone to the Bank Customer Support Center at 888, 260 211 399900, 0965057550, 0963883542, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We also welcome compliments which the Customer may bring to our attention through the same channels as outlined above.
The Account Holder hereby acknowledges that he/she has read, understood and agreed to the provisions of the contract